Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0: CD Projekt Red announced at Gamescom Opening Night Live that Update 2.0 for Cyberpunk 2077 will be released on September 26, 2023. The update will include a number of major improvements and new content, including:
- A redesigned perk and cyberware system
- New abilities, including a grappling hook and wall running
- Vehicle combat and mounted weaponry
- A revamped police system
- An overhauled combat AI
- Over 100 new items, including weapons, cyberware, and fashion
- Dozens of new story quests and gigs
- A dangerous new district
- Endless dynamic missions and events
The update will be available for free to all players on Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, and PC.
In addition to the update, CD Projekt Red also announced the first major expansion for Cyberpunk 2077, called Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty. The expansion will be released on the same day as the update and will take players to a new district of Night City called Pacifica. The expansion will also feature new story content, quests, and enemies.
The announcement of Update 2.0 and Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty is a major step forward for Cyberpunk 2077, which has been plagued by bugs and performance issues since its release in 2020. The update and expansion are a sign that CD Projekt Red is committed to improving the game and making it the experience that fans expected.
Here are some additional details about the new features coming in Update 2.0:
- The redesigned perk and cyberware system will make it easier for players to customize their characters and build their playstyles.
- The new abilities will give players more options for traversing the world and fighting enemies.
- Vehicle combat will be expanded with new weapons and abilities.
- The revamped police system will make it more challenging to evade the law.
- The overhauled combat AI will make enemies more intelligent and challenging to fight.
- The over 100 new items will give players more options for customizing their characters and weapons.
- The dozens of new story quests and gigs will provide players with new content to explore.
- The dangerous new district of Pacifica will offer players a new challenge and a new story to experience.
Update 2.0 and Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty are major updates for Cyberpunk 2077 that are sure to please fans of the game.
The updates will address many of the issues that have plagued the game since its release and add a significant amount of new content. If you’re a fan of Cyberpunk 2077, then you’ll definitely want to check out these updates when they are released in September.