The Hundred 2023 is the third season of The Hundred, a professional franchise 100-ball cricket tournament involving eight men’s and women’s teams located in major cities across England and Wales. The tournament will run from 1 August to 27 August 2023.
The eight teams competing in the men’s competition are:
- Birmingham Phoenix
- London Spirit
- Manchester Originals
- Northern Superchargers
- Oval Invincibles
- Southern Brave
- Trent Rockets
- Welsh Fire
The eight teams competing in the women’s competition are the same as the men’s teams.
The tournament format is as follows:
- The eight teams will play each other once in the group stage, with each match consisting of two 100-ball innings.
- The top four teams in the group stage will qualify for the knockout stage, which will consist of a semi-final and a final.
- The final will be played at Lord’s on 27 August 2023.
The Hundred is a fast-paced and exciting format of cricket that is designed to appeal to a new generation of fans. The matches are shorter than traditional cricket matches, and the rules have been simplified to make the game more accessible.
The Hundred has been a success in its previous two seasons, and it is expected to be even more popular in 2023. The tournament has attracted some of the biggest names in world cricket, and it is sure to provide plenty of excitement for fans.
Here are some of the key dates for the 2023 Hundred:
- 1 August: First match of the tournament, Trent Rockets vs Southern Brave at Trent Bridge.
- 27 August: Final of the tournament, at Lord’s.
Where to watch The Hundred on TV, OTT?
The Hundred cricket series can be watched in India on the Sony Sports Network. The live telecast of the matches will be available on Sony Sports Ten 5 channel. The matches will also be streamed live on the FanCode app and website.
In the UK, the matches will be broadcast live on Sky Sports Cricket, Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Mix. All women’s matches and a number of men’s games will also be streamed live on the Sky Cricket YouTube channel. The BBC will broadcast 18 games live on BBC TV (BBC Two) and BBC iPlayer, consisting of 10 men’s and eight women’s matches, including both finals.
Here are the details on how to watch The Hundred cricket series in different countries:
- India: Sony Sports Network, FanCode
- UK: Sky Sports Cricket, Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Mix, Sky Cricket YouTube channel, BBC TV (BBC Two) and BBC iPlayer