Asia Cup 2023: India has qualified for the final of the Asia Cup 2023, after defeating Sri Lanka by 41 runs in the Super Fours match on Tuesday.
The Indian team, led by Rohit Sharma, put up a total of 213 runs in their 50 overs, thanks to a fine half-century from Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul’s 39. Sri Lanka, in reply, were bowled out for 172 in 41.4 overs.
Kuldeep Yadav was the star of the show for India with the ball, taking 4 for 43. He was well supported by Jasprit Bumrah (2 for 27) and Mohammed Siraj (2 for 32).
India’s performance in the tournament so far has been impressive. They have won all four of their matches, including a convincing 228-run victory over arch-rivals Pakistan.
The team will now face Bangladesh in the final, which will be played on September 16 at the R Premadasa Stadium in Colombo.
Bangladesh, who are the defending champions, have also been in good form in the tournament. They have won three of their four matches, including a thrilling last-ball victory over Pakistan.
The final promises to be a closely fought contest, with both teams having a good chance of winning.
Key players for India
- Rohit Sharma: The Indian captain has been in good form in the tournament, scoring 200 runs in four innings at an average of 50.
- KL Rahul: The opening batsman has also been impressive, scoring 186 runs at an average of 46.
- Virat Kohli: The Indian maestro has not been at his best in the tournament so far, but he will be looking to fire in the final.
- Jasprit Bumrah: The Indian fast bowler has been the team’s leading wicket-taker, with 10 wickets in four matches.
- Kuldeep Yadav: The left-arm wrist-spinner has been in good form, taking 9 wickets in four matches.
Key players for Bangladesh
- Tamim Iqbal: The Bangladesh opener has been in excellent form, scoring 247 runs in four innings at an average of 61.75.
- Shakib Al Hasan: The all-rounder is Bangladesh’s most experienced player and he will be key to their chances in the final.
- Mushfiqur Rahim: The wicketkeeper-batsman is another experienced player who can be a match-winner.
- Mustafizur Rahman: The left-arm fast bowler is Bangladesh’s leading wicket-taker, with 11 wickets in four matches.
- Nasum Ahmed: The right-arm off-spinner has been in good form, taking 8 wickets in four matches.
The final is expected to be a close contest, with both teams having a good chance of winning. India will be looking to avenge their loss to Bangladesh in the 2022 T20 World Cup, while Bangladesh will be looking to defend their title.