Elden Ring is a vast and challenging game with a wide range of mechanics and strategies. While there are no official rules for how to play the game, the community has developed a set of unwritten rules that are generally followed by PvP duelists. These rules are designed to create a fair and respectful environment for competition.
Here are some of the most important unwritten rules of Elden Ring PvP:
- Bow or wave before the duel. This is a gesture of respect and shows that you are ready to fight fairly.
- Do not heal during the duel. This is considered to be poor sportsmanship. If you need to heal, you can bow or wave to signal the end of the duel.
- Do not use glitches or exploits. This is cheating, and it is not fair to your opponent.
- Do not use summons. Summons are meant for PvE, not PvP. Using summons in a duel is considered to be unfair.
- If you invade, you can do whatever you want. Invasions are different from duels because they are not consensual. If you invade another player, you are free to use any means necessary to defeat them.
Here are some additional tips for Elden Ring PvP:
- Be respectful of your opponent. Even if you lose, do not send your opponent hate messages or be rude.
- Do not try to win at all costs. Remember that PvP is supposed to be fun for both players. If you are only focused on winning, you are likely to have a less enjoyable experience.
- Don’t be afraid to lose. Everyone loses at PvP sometimes. Don’t take it personally if you are defeated.
It is important to note that these rules are not strictly enforced. There are always players who will break them, but the majority of the Elden Ring PvP community respects these rules and tries to create a fair and enjoyable experience for everyone.
In addition to the PvP rules, there are also a few unwritten rules for PvE in Elden Ring. These rules are not as important as the PvP rules, but they can help to make the game more fun and rewarding.
Here are some PvE unwritten rules:
- Do not kill turtles. Turtles are harmless creatures, and killing them is considered to be a sin by many Elden Ring players.
- Help other players when you can. If you see another player struggling with a boss or enemy, offer to help them. This is a great way to make the game more social and enjoyable for everyone.
- Don’t be afraid to explore. Elden Ring is a huge game with a lot to see and do. Don’t be afraid to wander off the beaten path and explore. You may be surprised at what you find.
Following these unwritten rules can help you to have a more enjoyable and fulfilling experience with Elden Ring.