After years of development, Broken Roads, the post-apocalyptic isometric RPG from Australian studio Drop Bear Bytes, finally has a release date. The game will launch on November 14, 2023, for Steam, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One.
Broken Roads is set in a post-apocalyptic Australia that has been ravaged by nuclear war. The player takes on the role of a survivor who must journey across the wasteland, making choices that will determine the fate of the country.
The game features a branching narrative, a turn-based combat system, and a morality system that will affect the way the player is perceived by the other characters.
The game has been compared to Fallout, but the developers have said that they want Broken Roads to be its own unique experience. “We want to make sure that Broken Roads is its own thing,” said game director Craig Ritchie. “We don’t want to be a clone of Fallout. We want to bring our own Australian flavor to the genre.”
Broken Roads is the first major game from Drop Bear Bytes, but the studio has a lot of experience in the industry. The team has worked on games such as The Banner Saga and Tyranny.
“We’re really excited to finally be able to share Broken Roads with the world,” said Ritchie. “We’ve been working on this game for a long time, and we’re really proud of what we’ve created.”
Broken Roads is available to wishlist on Steam now.
Here are some additional details about the game:
- The game features a branching narrative, with different choices leading to different outcomes.
- The turn-based combat system is inspired by classic RPGs such as Fallout and Baldur’s Gate.
- The morality system will affect the way the player is perceived by other characters.
- The game is set in a post-apocalyptic Australia that has been ravaged by nuclear war.
- The game is developed by Drop Bear Bytes, an Australian studio with experience in the industry.
Broken Roads is a promising post-apocalyptic RPG that looks to bring something new to the genre. The game’s unique setting, morality system, and branching narrative all make it stand out from the crowd. Fans of Fallout and other post-apocalyptic RPGs should definitely keep an eye on this one.