The Lord of the Rings: Return to Moria, a new cooperative survival crafting game set in J.R.R. Tolkien’s Middle-earth, will be released on PlayStation 5 and PC on October 24, 2023.
The game will be a timed console exclusive for PlayStation 5 and will come to Xbox Series X/S in early 2024.
In Return to Moria, players will take on the role of a Dwarven explorer tasked with reclaiming the lost kingdom of Khazad-dûm, also known as Moria. The mines of Moria are a dangerous place, filled with orcs, spiders, and other creatures. Players will need to use their skills and teamwork to survive and thrive in this hostile environment.
The game will feature a procedurally generated world, so each playthrough will be different. Players will be able to explore the mines, build their own bases, and craft weapons and armor. There will also be a variety of quests to complete, as well as boss battles to fight.
Return to Moria is being developed by Free Range Games and published by North Beach Games. The game is currently available for pre-order on the Epic Games Store.
Here are some of the key features of The Lord of the Rings: Return to Moria:
- Cooperative survival crafting: Play with up to 8 friends to explore the mines of Moria and reclaim the lost kingdom of Khazad-dûm.
- Procedurally generated world: Each playthrough will be different, so you’ll never know what to expect.
- Build your own bases: Create your own Dwarven strongholds and customize them to your liking.
- Craft weapons and armor: Forge your own weapons and armor to help you survive in the mines.
- Complete quests: Embark on a variety of quests to earn rewards and help you progress in the game.
- Battle bosses: Face off against powerful bosses to test your skills and teamwork.
If you’re a fan of The Lord of the Rings and survival crafting games, then The Lord of the Rings: Return to Moria is definitely worth checking out. The game looks like it has a lot to offer, and I’m excited to see what it’s like when it releases in October.