IND vs PAK: The India–Pakistan cricket rivalry is one of the most intense and passionate sporting rivalries in the world. The two countries have a long and complicated history, dating back to the Partition of India in 1947. This shared history has created a sense of rivalry and competition that extends beyond the cricket field.
The much-anticipated match between India and Pakistan is scheduled to be played on October 15, 2023, at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad, India. This will be the first time that the two teams will face off in a World Cup match in India since 2011.
The match is expected to be a sell-out, with fans from both countries eager to see the two teams go head-to-head. The atmosphere at the stadium is sure to be electric, and it promises to be a thrilling contest.
However, Pakistan allrounder Shadab Khan has made the priorities clear in terms of their main purpose:
“Playing against India comes with a different sense of joy. The pressure overall is also different. Now when we have to go there, it will be their home ground – the crowd will be against us.” He said.
Shadab was quoted as saying by Cricket Pakistan: “However, we are going there to play in the World Cup, so we should think about it, and not only about India, because if we win against India and lose the World Cup, then there’s no benefit of it,”
“In my opinion, even if we lose from India but end up winning the World Cup, it’s a win-win because that is our main aim,” he added.
IND vs PAK: Here are some of the most memorable moments in the India-Pakistan cricket rivalry:
- The 1987 World Cup match in Karachi, where India won by 4 wickets after Pakistan had scored 249 runs.
- The 1992 World Cup match in Sydney, where India won by 43 runs after Pakistan had scored 227 runs.
- The 2007 World Twenty20 final in Johannesburg, where India won by 5 runs after Pakistan had scored 152 runs.
- The 2014 Asia Cup match in Dhaka, where India won by 7 wickets after Pakistan had scored 324 runs.
- The 2017 ICC Champions Trophy final in London, where Pakistan won by 180 runs after India had scored 152 runs.